Monday 21 May 2012

Need a good laugh?

Time for a light-hearted post, so why not get a good laugh out of the many translation bloopers of the English language. Here are a few examples I got just by googling:

Probably not difficult to do for yoga enthusiasts...



As if you would want to...



Wonder if you have to pay if they leave your luggage alone...



I think we know who they mean...



Don't laugh! We're no better...



The standard of writing and speaking in the English language in our country today is far, far below what it had been when I was in school. At my uni in New Zealand in the mid-1970s, Malaysian students were commended for their excellent English, when compared to students from other Asian countries. We have now come to a point where we need TV programmes such as 'Oh, My English' to help people who are struggling with simple usage of the language and committing bloopers unheard of at one time.


No comments:

Post a Comment