Monday 2 July 2012

What's cooking?

People who know me know that the kitchen is not my 'natural' environment. I'm fortunate, Alhamdulillah, that Hubby doesn't expect me to whip up dishes for him and that we have Rini, who's a fantastic cook. While I may not do much cooking, I do love cookbooks and can happily while my time drooling over the tempting photographs and even reading the recipes. My favourites are cookbooks that can help you produce dishes within minutes. So when Jamie Oliver came out with his Jamie's 30-Minute Meals cookbook, I was off to the bookshop to get a copy.




I love the book - the photographs are fabulous and the recipes are easy to follow. He breaks them down into little steps and you really can't go wrong with them. Believe it or not, I have even made his chicken pie (recipe on page 92 of the book) for a pot-luck with friends, who gave it a thumbs-up. If I can do it, anyone can!

While Jamie's book is THE ONE for me, I do have two little Family Circle 'fast' booklets amongst my cookbook collection.





I suppose it's obvious by now that whenever I do step into the kitchen, I prefer not to stay there for too long.


No comments:

Post a Comment