Monday 16 April 2012

My dream shop - still dreaming

I remember, years ago, having lunch with a few of my business friends, all high-flying career-women. After a while, we started imagining a life free from the stresses and strains of our corporate existence. And what we each wanted to do was to have a little neighbourhood shop - someone thought of selling flowers, another cakes, while I of course wanted my little dream shop of bookish things.

My little dream shop would be a cosy place, something like this:


Wouldn't you feel so good when you walk into a place like this? It's so welcoming... and whiling away the time in the cafe at the back, with those delicious treats on your table, would be the best way to spend a part of your day. I don't think I'd have a problem stocking up the cafe with the most delectable delights - many of my cousins and friends are brilliant bakers!

My dream shop could also look like this one in Berlin, Germany. It looks rather modern but it still has that cosiness about it, I think.


In Florida, USA, there is the Book Lovers Cafe, which also has outdoor patio seating. The outside tables do look like they have seen better days but doesn't that just add to the atmosphere?



Perhaps my dream shop could be made of recycled wood and other materials. That, I think, would make it just perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment