Monday 2 April 2012

Some celebs read...

Next to bookshops, I love libraries but I have to admit that I've not visited any in our country in decades. When my siblings and I were in school, our father would take us on some weekends to the British Council library, where we would spend the morning and leave with borrowed books tucked under our arms. The library that I really enjoyed being in was that of my alma mater. Who wouldn't, when you have views such as this? I think I spent more time looking out the window than reading my text-books!




I found this website, which is all about libraries - public and private. Amongst others, the site features the libraries of some celebrities - singer/musician Sting; actress Diane Keaton; producer/director/actor Woody Allen; and designer Ralph Lauren. Can you match the library with the celebrity?










Well, these libraries belong to, from top to bottom, Diane Keaton, Sting, Ralph Lauren, and Woody Allen. Did you guess right? 

Here's one more library belonging to a celebrity, and you wouldn't have a hard time naming him.




Their libraries are really impressive, don't you think? I hope they do read the books they have and that the libraries are not just 'must-have' rooms in their houses, like swimming pools and mini-movie theatres.


1 comment:

  1. Duh! One would expect celebrities' den to be cosy and meticulously clean. but one does wonder whether they really really read or it is just an image that they must project.

    ReplyDelete